Codeplay will be attending the annual MWC Conference, happening on the 27th February - 2nd March, Barcelona. Attending from Codeplay will be Charles Macfarlane, VP of Product Marketing. We are always delighted to speak with anyone attending the event who is interested in what we are doing, so if you are attending, please come and say “hello”. If you are interested and would like to arrange a meeting with us at the event, please use our contact form or follow us on @codeplaysoft and make contact!
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting nearly 800 operators with almost 300 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai, Mobile World Congress Americas and the Mobile 360 Series conferences.
What We Do
The GSMA works on projects and initiatives that address the collective interests of the mobile industry, and of mobile operators in particular. We are undertaking strategic initiatives across several key areas including Spectrum, Connected Living, Personal Data and Digital Commerce.
- Spectrum for Mobile Broadband – The GSMA is leading an ongoing global campaign to secure the spectrum required to meet the fast-growing demand for mobile broadband.
- Public Policy – The GSMA’s public policy team proactively leads the policy debate, represents the mobile industry to governments and regulators, and delivers a regulatory environment that maximises development opportunities for mobile operators and long-term benefit for mobile users.
- Personal Data – This Programme with its operator partners work together to deliver digital identity solutions to market with scale, seamless and convenient consumer experience, consistency of user interface and low barriers to entry across the digital identity ecosystem.
- Mobile For Development – Focused on bringing together GSMA mobile operator members, the wider mobile industry and the development community to drive commercial mobile services for underserved people in emerging markets.
- Digital Commerce – The GSMA is working to accelerate the standardised deployment of mobile NFC, using the SIM as the secure element to provide authentication, security and portability across many different handsets.
- Network 2020 – The GSMA aims to address and navigate the complexities of progression to an all-IP communications network, ensuring devices and networks can deliver a native experience and that VoLTE and RCS interoperable solutions are established.
- OneAPI – OneAPI is a global GSMA initiative to provide application programming interfaces (APIs) that enable applications to exploit mobile network capabilities, such as messaging, authentication, payments and location-finding with a cross-operator reach.
- Connected Living – The GSMA has created market development programmes to enable a wide range of devices across the education, healthcare, automotive and utilities sectors to benefit from wireless connectivity.
The GSMA also has programmes and technical projects underway in many other areas. For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at gsma.com or Mobile World Live, the online portal for the mobile communications industry, at mobileworldlive.com. More on MWC can be found here: MWC 2017
Codeplay is also proud to announce the new release of ComputeCpp CE, enabling, Early Access to the SYCL Open Standard for C++ Acceleration