The Sieve Compiler is a powerful tool which lies at the heart of the sieve code partitioning system. The compiler not only automatically generates multi-core ready C code from platform independent C++ source code, it also helps the programmer to mark up their code with Sieve extensions, providing advice in removing dependencies and getting the best multi-core performance out of their algorithms.
- Generates auto-parallelized ANSI C code with processor specific optimizations, ready to be compiled with existing C compilers
- Compile-time checking of pointer and function types
- Provides advice to the programmer, assisting them in adding sieve blocks and sieve thread blocks to their code
- Automatic compiler guided code refactoring
- Can be operated as a stand-alone command line tool or can integrate with common IDE's