CLOSING DATE - 31ST MAY - 6PM
Codeplay is committed to improving its quality management processes to continuously raise the quality of our employees’ work. To support us in this effort we are looking for someone with a passion for helping software engineers and managers improve the way they work. We are looking for a QM Specialist who has experience in working within a software company to obtain and retain ISO 9001 accreditation.
Codeplay has been turning towards the automotive industry, to develop a platform that allows the development of tomorrow’s advanced driver assistance (ADAS) and automated driving (AD) features, which will make our streets safer than ever.
To provide safety to road users, applications in a car have to be proven to be safe themselves and the QM Specialist will help lay the groundwork for enabling the development of a safe product. Reporting to the VP of Safety Engineering, the QM Specialist will analyse the applicable standards, such as ISO 26262, and determine how they can be applied to Codeplay.
We are looking for a candidate who is excited to expand their knowledge into the automotive safety domain and who will devote time to broadening understanding and independently researching topics, with the possibility of formal training.
Please Note - Due to COVID-19 we are following the Scottish Government Roadmap and, although we are operating normally, the office is closed and we are all working from home.
The successful candidate should be able to work from home for the duration of the office closure. Although the nature of the role will ordinarily require being office-based, we will consider and evaluate requests for remote working post-COVID.
The position is permanent and will be based at our head office in central Edinburgh. The successful candidate must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK, or be eligible to apply for the right to work, should relocation be an agreed option.
Starting salary - Competitive & Negotiable
What We Offer
Codeplay is internationally recognized as being at the forefront of software development technology. Working at Codeplay offers unique opportunities and challenges to learn new technologies and to get involved in shaping the software industry. Codeplay's projects range from: creating tools and tool sets (optimizing compilers, debuggers, profilers, programming models & APIs, test systems/suites, etc.) for brand-new unannounced next-generation hardware; developing and optimizing current machine learning (TensorFlow™) and computer vision applications; research and development into lowering the power consumption of mobile devices; and contributing to new programming models and software standards (e.g. C++, SYCL™, OpenCL™, Vulkan® and SPIR™-V).
Codeplay Software is a world pioneer in enabling acceleration technologies used in AI, HPC and automotive. Codeplay was established in 2002 in Edinburgh, Scotland and developed some of the first tools enabling complex software to be accelerated using graphics processors. Today, most AI software is developed using graphics processors designed for video games, and more recently specialised AI and computer vision accelerators. Codeplay continues to work with global technology leaders to make the latest complex AI systems programmable using open-standards based programming languages and allows application developers to quickly bring software to the market. Codeplay is also deeply involved with the definition of open standards, especially OpenCL™, SPIR™, SYCL™, and Vulkan™ through The Khronos Group, and MISRA C++ for automotive.
- A friendly and relaxed working environment where colleagues respect and support each other.
- Learn from experienced colleagues: our staff frequently give company-wide knowledge-sharing presentations on new software and technology trends, personal projects and other relevant subjects.
- Great career prospects within a growing company:
- We develop our staff to progress in their roles, and to take new challenges , become experts, and/or lead teams. We provide training in skills such as project and people management, networking and delivering effective presentations.
- Newstart mentoring scheme
- Flexible working hours
- EMI Stock Option Scheme
- Pension scheme offering 7% employer contributions
- Private healthcare insurance
- Free confidential counselling service
- Frequent company social events (social nights, pot luck lunches, gaming, karting, outdoor adventures, and more) (Post-COVID!)
- For applicants relocating to Edinburgh, Scotland: in addition to the above benefits :
- Childcare Voucher Scheme (for existing members only)
- Bike2Work Scheme
- Season Ticket loans
- Proactively identify improvements to Codeplay’s QMS according to ISO 9001, to enable employees to produce the highest quality of work possible
- Develop processes that work for Codeplay and keep the quality manuals up-to-date
- Draw up an internal auditing schedule for ISO 9001 and perform regular internal audits according to it
- Assist in preparations for external audits and client inspections
- Develop the processes in Codeplay’s safety engineering division according to safety standards, so they can support a team to create a product that is as safe as it can be
- Perform audits of Codeplay’s safety engineering division’s processes and work products according to ISO 26262
- Research other relevant standards, such as ASPICE
- Obtain feedback from Codeplay employees to identify areas of improvement
- Collaborate with the agile coaches to ensure the company’s agile practices align with the relevant standards
- Engage Codeplay’s employees by guiding them towards solutions that work for them
- Analyse Codeplay’s way of working to determine how processes can be best integrated with existing workflows and tools
- Communicate new processes to employees and remind them of existing ones in creative and engaging ways
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who can work through a problem from start to finish, meet deadlines as required and has the ability to work under pressure. You will be working on technology that is seldom announced to the public and could be several years away from public release, so confidentiality is critical. You should be able to work both independently and collaboratively within teams of varying skill sets and expertise. You should be welcoming towards, and able to adapt to, the introduction of new technologies, responsibilities and projects, as Codeplay works with cutting-edge technology and takes on a diverse range of projects.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001
- Experience of gaining ISO 9001 certification in a software company
- Understanding of standards language and ability to translate it into a detailed list of work items for Codeplay
- Focus on practical, workable solutions
- A structured approach to problem solving
- Enthusiasm to help others work to their maximum potential
- Enthusiasm to develop into the role, expand your repertoire of standards, techniques and philosophies
- Outstanding communication, facilitation and collaboration skills
- Ability to work with a team of engineers to guide them towards a solution that they are enthusiastic about
- Ability to research a topic independently and present the findings.
- Strong continuous improvement attitude
- Familiarity with agile working environments
- Process oriented, but people focused
- ISO 9001 auditor qualification
- Experience with ISO 26262 or other safety standard
- Background in software engineering
Any application which results in a job offer is conditional upon the candidate already having or successfully applying for the right to work in the UK. Codeplay is proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. We celebrate and value diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, regardless of race, colour, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need and we strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life. We are committed to providing flexible working options such as part-time/compressed hours/timeshifting/remote. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, just let us know.
The Cover Note/Letter is just as important as your CV/Resume, so please include one, stating why you believe you are a good fit for the position.