Due to continued growth we are looking for an experienced Marketing Manager for Codeplay's corporate and product marketing.
Reporting to the Chief Business Officer, you will be responsible for the overall marketing strategy and deployment of Codeplay's external messaging. You will work extensively with the teams within Codeplay to understand the technology and coordinate external communications with a clear, concise message.
To be able to hit the ground running you'll need a marketing background working within relevant technologies such as high performance compute, AI, computer vision or automotive ADAS. You should be able to demonstrate a strong track record of managing varied go-to-market strategies and developing operational plans.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing our website content
- Creating and managing social media content
- Creating our PR and newsletter, managing our PR and coordinating press activities
- Owning our brand strategy
- Evolve the company narrative and create awareness and excitement for Codeplay technology across a diverse array of partners and customers
- Create presentations and literature for our company and our products
- Act as a company evangelist at relevant events
- Own our product marketing, coordinating closely with engineering teams, for presentations, market analysis, product positioning and go-to-market strategy
Please Note: Due to COVID-19 we are following the Scottish Government Roadmap and, although we are operating normally, the office is closed and we are all working from home.
The successful candidate should be able to work from home for the duration of the office closure. Although the nature of the role will ordinarily require being office-based , we will consider and evaluate requests for remote working post-COVID.
The position is permanent and may be based at our head office in central Edinburgh. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the right to work in the UK, or be eligible to apply for the right to work, should relocation be an agreed option.
Starting salary: Competitive & Negotiable.
What We Offer
Codeplay Software is a world pioneer in enabling acceleration technologies used in AI, HPC and automotive. Codeplay was established in 2002 in Edinburgh, Scotland and developed some of the first tools enabling complex software to be accelerated using graphics processors. Today, most AI software is developed using graphics processors designed for video games, and more recently specialised AI and computer vision accelerators. Codeplay continues to work with global technology leaders to make the latest complex AI systems programmable using open-standards based programming languages and allows application developers to quickly bring software to the market. Codeplay is also deeply involved with the definition of open standards, especially OpenCL™, SPIR™, SYCL™, and Vulkan™ through The Khronos Group, and MISRA C++ for automotive.
- A friendly and relaxed working environment where colleagues respect and support each other.
- Learn from experienced colleagues: our staff frequently give company-wide knowledge-sharing presentations on new software and technology trends, personal projects and other relevant subjects.
- Great career prospects within a growing company
- We develop our staff to progress quickly in their roles, and to take ownership of business functions, become experts, and/or lead teams. We provide training in skills such as project and people management, networking and delivering effective presentations.
- Newstart mentoring scheme
- Frequent opportunities to attend major worldwide industry conferences and events, represent the company
- Flexible working hours,
- EMI Stock Option Scheme
- Private healthcare insurance
- Pension scheme offering 7% employer contributions
- Childcare Voucher Scheme (for existing members only)
- Free confidential counselling service
- Bike2Work Scheme
- Season Ticket loans
- Frequent company social events (social nights, pot luck lunches, gaming, karting, outdoor adventures, and more).
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who can work through a problem from start to finish, meet deadlines as required to support the Sales and Marketing function and has the ability to work under pressure. You should be able to work both independently and collaboratively within teams of varying skill sets and expertise. You should be welcoming towards, and able to adapt to, the introduction of products, responsibilities and projects, as Codeplay works with cutting-edge technology and takes on a diverse range of projects.
- Demonstrable marketing experience crafting, defining and implementing a powerful marketing campaign
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Experience of operating in a dynamic and fast-growing organisation with global presence
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Ability to translate complex technical material into compelling and concise marketing material
- Ability to build cohesive networks with software teams and management for collaborative results
Knowledge and/or experience of any of the following would be useful for the role, but are not essential. You must be able to learn new skills but will be given support from Codeplay's team to get you up to speed.
- Good understanding of software or AI technology
- Experience in HPC or Automotive ADAS markets
Any application which results in a job offer is conditional upon the candidate already having or successfully applying for the right to work in the UK. Codeplay is proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer, and we celebrate and value diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, regardless of race, colour, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need and we strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
The Cover Note/Letter is just as important as your CV/Resume, so please include one, stating why you believe you are a good fit for the position. If you have examples of relevant work or projects, we would love to see them, so please include links to them in your application.
Unfortunately this position is currently closed. You can check by at a later date or you can click here to view our other available positions.
26 November 2020